"I love this recipe and we are lucky that 2 out of the three children can eat tuna and the like it."
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 4x 15ml lemon juice ( I only use this on a rotation basis)
- 2 x 400g of borlotti beans ( I use chick peas)
- 250g can best tuna (200g drained weight)
- 2 x 15ml safe oil salt and pepper if can use
- Put the chopped onion into a bowl with the lemon juice and let it steep while you get on with the salad.
- Drain the beans and rinse to get rid any of the gloop,then place in a bowl.
- Drain the tuna and flake it into the beans.
- Add the oil and some salt to the onion and lemon juice mixture, whisking to make a dressing, then pour it over the tuna and beans and transfer to a serving dish.
- Fork the tuna and bean salad through, seasoning with salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy.
Great on rice, jacket potatoes, with pasta or on free from toast.