This is nut free, gluten free, vegan, soya free, yeast free and really, really tasty. I've made it twice now and it works best in the food processor rather than my Kenwood mixer, since the batter needs to be quite smooth.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 225g gluten free plain flour (ideally not plain rice flour, it's quite friable)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 125mls sunflower oil
- Turn the oven on to 200C (or 180C Fan)
- Put the chia seeds in a bowl and add 4 tbsp water. Leave for approx 30 mins to absorb the water.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate and cocoa into a bowl, then add the sugar.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and combine.
- Pour over the oil and the chia seed mixture, then whizz in a food processor to make a smooth batter.
- Pour into a 1lb loaf tin (pre-lined)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Don't cut until cooled - it becomes more moist and less crumbly!