Wednesday 28 May 2014

When things go wrong!

Many people have asked me how I "do" it, how my recipes seem to work for me and how amazing my photos look....

SO, I thought it only fair to confess that this is really NOT always the case, I am as human as the next person (well almost :P ) and have bad days and good days.

Learning to bake differently, especially when you are substituting the basic ingredients for a recipe takes time and patience. It may work straight away, but you are certainly NOT unusual if it doesn't! In fact, I am now so used to baking "free from" that actually my "normal" baked goods don't always work...

So I thought I would share this with you - even with a familiar, fail safe recipe I can make mistakes. This was supposed to be a free from chocolate cake.... except I forgot the raising agent.

*Ahem* Make that a chocolate biscuit.


That's when a teenager comes in handy.

It's finished before they realise it's slightly different!!!!

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one that forgets the raising agent when baking 'free from' recipes. We have had many mistakes like that but they've always still tasted good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah i am terrible at cakes, cant do them well i can with ready packs lol but no i cant bake cakes x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Well done for your honesty! x

    http://www.youbabymemummy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also have quite a few failure! You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAi am terrible at baking/cooking full stop, so EVERY attempt would look like this i'm sure! xxx

    Vikki @ Love From Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol. I am rubbish at baking and following recipes. I much prefer to free style it and chuck random things into a pan and see what happens. It makes for some interesting combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha! Well done for sharing! We all make mistakes, just not many of us admit to them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you ever checked out Pinterestfail.com? It's brilliant but I am not brave enough to share any of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mummy can't bake either! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've all been there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol! Cake or biscuit, I am guessing your chocolate bake tasted good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no but was it still tasty? If it was I bet you all enjoyed it still. We all have failures it's all part of discovering new recipes x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did it taste though? I completely admit I would never have known if you hadn't of said :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. out of many failures : success will come fact

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hee hee - I did that once too. Still tasted ok though

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your sense of humour about your baking mishap. I think in life it's essential to laugh at oneself at these times - and I'm glad you had a giggle at your 'epic fail'.
    Love Vicky
    Around and Upside Down

    ReplyDelete
  17. Had to laugh at the end bit, about teenagers not noticing! So true! :)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...