I was fortunate enough to "bump into" the lovely Nia from "Carrots and Maple Syrup" on Twitter via #AllergyHour. (Thursdays 8.30-9.30pm if you are interested!) Nia has worked with Julia from Alimentary Bites (Julia is a dietician) and Hailey from Allergy Adventures recently, so her profile is rising! Check out their substitutions sheet, it's really good.
Nia is amazing, a self taught cook she suffers from multiple allergies herself. That's a nightmare for anyone but for a young person just setting out into the world independently it's REALLY tough. Nia is the most INNOVATIVE baker/cook I have come across, she is 100% self taught and creates all her own recipes.
Knowing that summer is coming, I asked her to create a recipe for The Recipe Resource. Knowing that it is a site mainly catering for children she came up with these delicious free from "Mini Milk" Lollies!
Makes 10 - you can buy these little lolly makers everywhere, even in Poundland!
- 150 ml cream (millet, coconut, soya, almond, dairy, oat)
- 560 g yogurt (pea, soya, coconut, rice, greek)
- 3 1/2 tbsp sugar (honey or agave would do)
- 125 g pureed strawberries or cooled melted chocolate (such as Moo Free, Kinnerton, Plamil, Sweet William, Enjoy Life)
- Mix together in a bowl and pour into ice lolly moulds
- Freeze for 4 hours
Linking in with:-