Friday 30 May 2014

Coconut Loaf

This delicious cake recipe was supplied by Michelle, from FABED, the only charity supporting families affected by Eosinophilic Disorders. You can read more about EGID here.



This recipe is MEWS free, gluten free, egg free and depending on your choice of flour, corn free, potato free too. I think it's also evidence for people like me who can bake with eggs that they are NOT required for a lovely, light texture and a large cake that rises!


Ingredients
  • 300 g free from flour
  • 2tsp free from baking powder
  • 1tsp ground cinnamon
  • 4tbsp flaxseed or linseed
  • 225g golden caster sugar
  • 150g desiccated coconut
  • 350ml coconut milk
  • 50 ml sunflower oil
  • 900g loaf tin
Method
  • Pre heat oven to 180 and lightly grease the loaf tin
  • Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl, add ground flaxseed, caster sugar and coconut and mix together. 
  • Pour over the coconut milk and sunflower oil stir until you have a batter.
  • Tip into tin and bake in the oven for 45-50mins until it is slightly risen and golden.
  • Leave to cool and turn on to a rack.


Serve warm or cold!

17 comments:

  1. I love the flavour of coconut so I'd like to try this recipe - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds lovely. I do like coconut so will have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried making a coconut loaf before but it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a coconut fan, but I do think it is amazing how you can create traditional looking food, without the 'usual' ingredients x

    http://www.youbabymemummy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh - would this be suitable for people with coeliac disease? We have a family coming round soon, and the two little girls both have coeliac. I'd love to make this for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious. My mum used to make a lovely coconut cake. I've not had it for years and now I really want some after being reminded of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love coconut, this looks awesome #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fab, and fairly simple too. Bet it didn't last long :-) #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really tasty, I love coconut!
    #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  10. this sounds so tasty - will have to test it out

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like it will be really tasty. I have a similar one with yogurt but I may try swapping it for coconut milk #Recipe of the week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm I love cocomut and this looks and sounds delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks lovely - we are big fans of coconut in this house and I really dislike eggs being used in anything so this would be perfect for us. I really want to get into using linseed more too so this is a great way to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh yummy i love coconut and so does the rest of my family , this would have to e given a try next time i try baking x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do like the sound of this loaf.
    I love all coconut things.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm, I would love a warm slice of this with a cuppa about now. Thanks for sharing yet another brilliant 'free from' recipe. And thanks so much for linking up with #recipeoftheweek - I've pinned and tweeted this post and there's a fresh linky going live at 6pm this evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a recent convert to eggless cakes - they have such a good texture. Your coconut cake sounds scrumptious. I've made one using coconut oil, coconut flour and coconut sugar as well for an all over coconut cake ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...