Quite honestly, I wasn't sure what to call it! It's kind of like a casserole.... except it isn't! A bake? But without a creamy sauce..... whatever you want to call it, it worked for us.
Feeds 4 adults (or 6 with smaller appetites)
Serve with rice
Free from dairy, soya, corn, (depending on your choice of stock), wheat, gluten (same) and egg.
- Pack of chicken breasts - each cut lengthways into half/
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large leek
- 1 large courgette
- 500ml vegetable/chicken stock or whatever your family uses
- seasoning (salt and pepper)
- optional - before the stock goes in, add some garlic and mix it well
- 4 rashers of bacon - diced
- Free From crumbs
- Cut the pepper into long thin strips and lay over the base (stops the chicken burning on the base)
- Arrange the chicken on top of the pepper
- Dice the leek and courgette finely (I was playing with my new Magimix Food Processor!) and spread evenly over the chicken
- Pour on the stock (make sure it is cooled if like me you are putting this on a delayed start) until everything is almost covered (picture 2)
- Sprinkle over the chopped bacon,
- Followed by the breadcrumbs
Bake for 50 minutes at 180C, until the top is golden.