Sunday 1 June 2014

Spring Chicken Casserole

I made this for lunch today, and unbelievably EVERYONE enjoyed it! Since I have two of the fussiest eaters around and three on exclusion diets making a "one size fits all" dish is little short of miraculous.... so I thought I would share!



Quite honestly, I wasn't sure what to call it! It's kind of like a casserole.... except it isn't! A bake? But without a creamy sauce..... whatever you want to call it, it worked for us.

Feeds 4 adults (or 6 with smaller appetites)
Serve with rice

Free from dairy, soya, corn, (depending on your choice of stock), wheat, gluten (same) and egg.

Ingredients
  • Pack of chicken breasts - each cut lengthways into half/
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1 large leek
  • 1 large courgette
  • 500ml vegetable/chicken stock or whatever your family uses
  • seasoning (salt and pepper)
  • optional - before the stock goes in, add some garlic and mix it well
  • 4 rashers of bacon - diced
  • Free From crumbs

Method
  • Cut the pepper into long thin strips and lay over the base (stops the chicken burning on the base)
  • Arrange the chicken on top of the pepper
  • Dice the leek and courgette finely (I was playing with my new Magimix Food Processor!) and spread evenly over the chicken
  • Pour on the stock (make sure it is cooled if like me you are putting this on a delayed start) until everything is almost covered (picture 2)
  • Sprinkle over the chopped bacon, 
  • Followed by the breadcrumbs 


Bake for 50 minutes at 180C, until the top is golden.

6 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous and I will be giving it a go :)

    Thanks for linking up to the #blogsRus linky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh scrummy, all things we love so will be trying it out. Great for mid week and I guess you can make it rhe day before too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds delish hon! We're all big fans of chicken cooked in any way shape of form ;-) #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks lovely - perfect to serve up to the family table. Thanks for linking up to #recipeoftheweek – I have pinned this post to my food boards and scheduled in a tweet for this evening :) There’s also a fresh linky live at 6pm – hope you join in! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely mixture of flavours, I think all my family would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect al fresco meal, love it! Thanks so much for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...