Free from Wheat (gluten free if using rice bran), Dairy, Soya and can be egg free if you use egg replacer or try omitting the egg which does work although not as well.
- 120 mls pineapple juice / orange juice / juice and smoothie mix (I did the latter)
- 60mls Molasses or treacle, or I used Golden Syrup and it worked just as well
- 150g Oat bran (or rice bran for gluten free)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 75g raisins
- 1 egg
- 120mls Oatly cream (or for gluten free use rice cream or soya cream if allowed)
- 60mls vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 115g rice flour/blended plain gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 shredded carrot or shredded apple (optional) or drained stewed apple (again, optional)
- If you have an electric mixer you can mix all the ingredients at once in this recipe. Otherwise mix all the wet ingredients plus bran, cream/yoghurt, and raisins and leave for 10 mins
- Combine with all the all the dry ingredients.
- Combine and mix in the carrot last.
- Line a muffin/fairy cake tin and spoon out the mixture.
- Bake at 200C for about 10 mins or until firm.