Wednesday, 9 October 2013

The Vegg Cookbook

Rocky at The Vegg in the USA read my Blog and got in touch - and I am so pleased he did as I am now the proud owner of "The Vegg Cookbook"!

We across "The Pond" are often a little "behind" on with the Vegg and it really only arrived on the scene at the Free From and Allergy Show a year or so ago. I had tried it and had limited success, but since it is an egg white replacement rather than an egg yolk replacement it wasn't doing what I felt it should.

I am extremely impressed with the versatility of the Vegg product and lack of reliance on additonal recipe ingredients to support its function. Given that most of my readers are reducing ingredients or swapping mainstream ones this is a real plus.

Now, armed with the cookbook I am seeking supplies to test and have some on order. Although my children most definitely react to eggs, egg white seems to be OK on its own so this is not so urgent for us, but I'm still hoping to test it out!

ISBN 978-0-615-78423-6
Available from Amazon.com (not currently the UK site)

The Vegg can be bought from Amazon too


Also now available, Vegan egg yolks. 

Ingredients are:-Fortified nutritional yeast (dry yeast, niacin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid, B12), sodium alginate, black sea salt, beta carotene

Thanks Rocky - we just need the availability of your products to improve in the UK now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...